higher education estates magazine
Total Audience Coverage
Our T.A.C packages offer maximum coverage with
stand-alone e-mail broadcasts, monthly bulletins and web site promotions.
education building forum
higher education estates forum
leisure design & build is the premier title for specifiers, architects and operators active in the ever-growing leisure build sector. ldb is the only magazine to link the construction and the leisure industries, it encompasses developments across both the private and public sectors to give a truly holistic view of the way the industry is performing and developing.
News - May/June 2018
New estate management guide for schools
The Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) and Department for Education (DfE) have today published the Good Estate Management for Schools (GEMS) guidance and tools on GOV.UK.
GEMS is a new online resource to help make sure land and buildings are well managed, support educational objectives and excellent resource management. The resource brings together new and existing guidance on school estate management, and sets out:
- The fundamental policies and procedures needed to manage the school estate effectively
- Guidance on strategic estate management, organisational oversight
- Understanding your land and buildings, energy and water management and managing projects
- Updated guidance on health and safety, compliance and maintenance (replacing existing guidance in Essential Schools Maintenance)
- The skills organisations need access to, links to tools and resources that can help
The guidance is for anyone with responsibility for overseeing or managing the estate.